This is another easy recipe that can be made a few days in advance & then served when required. This recipe is also suitable for children to give a helping hand with. You will just have to heat the condensed milk & the chocolate melts and the kiddies can help with the rest.
HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE BALLS RECIPE
7 Savoiardi or Italian sponge finger biscuits
1/3 cup ground hazelnut meal
330ml can condensed milk
300g milk chocolate melts
Cocoa powder for decoration
Mini muffin cases
- Break biscuits up, place in a large bowl & rub between fingers to make fine crumbs. This can also be done quickly in a food processor.
- Add hazelnut meal & mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine condensed milk & chocolate melts in a saucepan over low heat until melted & well combined.
- Add to crumb mixture & stir until combined.
- Allow to cool in bowl for about 45 minutes.
- When cool, scoop a heaped teaspoonful & roll into balls.
- Balls can be lightly dusted with cocoa powder or hazelnut meal.
- Place balls into mini muffin cases and refrigerate until needed. Tested by KimTested by Kim