I didn’t think a cake with predominantly healthy ingredients, could taste so decadent! This is a really rich cake, so if you have a chocolate obsession, this is the cake for you! As a bonus, it’s also very easy to make!
400g 70% or higher dark chocolate broken into pieces (I used Lindt)
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
5 eggs at room temperature
1 tblspn sifted coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Grease & line a 19cm x 9cm loaf tin.
- Place the chocolate, coconut milk & maple syrup into a saucepan & stir continually over low heat until ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- Whisk eggs until yolks & whites are well combined.
- Whisk is coconut flour.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin.
- Place loaf tin in a deep roasting pan & pour hot water into the roasting pan until the water level is half way up the sides of the loaf tin. (I must have skimmed through this recipe, so didn’t see this stage! I didn’t use the water in the roasting pan method & the cake still turned out lovely.)
- Bake for one hour.
- Cool at room temperature.